23 July 2009

Pablo

Soooo...I've learned that having a puppy is almost like having a child except that a puppy never grows up and learns to take care of itself. It always needs you to take care of it. Which is fine with me but it is starting to get very stressful! :) I L.O.V.E our Pablo but wow.

Last week Pablo went to the vet, not where I work, to get his Lepto shot & his Bordetella vaccine, which was done intra-nasel, and ever since then he's been doing this "coughing" thing through his nose. Well, the night before last he started doing this "coughing" allllllllllll night. Between the "coughing fits" he was throwing up, EVERYWHERE. He started out in his crate, since we're trying to put him in HIS bed at night rather than with me, and he threw up in there while coughing. I decided it would be best to take him out of there so he wouldn't have to get throw up all over him so he proceeded to get in the bed with me. I thought this would be fine since he had already thrown up everything he'd eaten that night, so I thought. Anyway, 3 comforters later, I am sleeping on the couch so I have something to cover up with, Pablo is still throwing up all over the entire house and coughing. I get ready for work at 6:00a.m., after only 45 minutes of "Shut-eye". I take Pablo with me to work and he is FINE. GRRR! The Dr.'s put him on I/D, a food that is very bland. Pablo eats it and seems to looooooooove it but he isn't drinking any water. So, from 5p.m. the night before until 1:00 this afternoon Pablo has only peed 1 time. So I get Melissa to bring Pablo to work so I can get the Dr. to look at him again and he is dehydrated so he gets some fluids and now he's fine. Thank GOD! I was STRESSING OUT about it.

Not to mention I had to mop the entire house after not sleeping the night before, I had to wash all the covers in the house and I had to take care of a sick puppy all night. I can't imagine having a child. I think I would probably go CRAZY. :( I do love my Pablo but he's cost a good bit of money the past few days. He is back to his normal self, flinging his toys on the laptop every few seconds causing me to have to delete everything he "types" on a continuous basis! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

AwWwWwW..... poor puppy! I hope you get some good rest tonight!

Amber said...

aww! dogs are a lotta work! that's why i'm waiting just a little longer to get us a puppy. i'll stick with cats for right now! lol!